Using our Economic Development Strategy as a guide, we offer a number of services for the business community. Contact us today to access these services or learn more.
Business Retention and Expansion
We work with the Wainwright business community to generate projects, activities and resources that will build the local economy. This includes working one-on-one with new and expanding businesses.
- Business Welcome Meetings: Meetings upon request with prospective, new and expanding businesses to provide general information and outline permit and license requirements
- Business Referrals: Have a business-related question or concern? Call us and we’ll help answer the question or refer you to a business resource organization
- Business Partnership Series: We are part of a partnership of community organizations that hold regular workshops and networking events to provide local learning opportunities on timely business topics
- BizPaL: An online business permits and license service for business start-ups and expansions. Visit BizPaL
- Communication: We distribute public economic information to keep our business community informed
Business Investment and Attraction
We market Wainwright regionally, provincially and nationally to draw investment to the area
- Sector-specific Marketing: We develop plans and tools to attract new business and investment in our target sectors
- Wainwright Information: We publish information about Wainwright
- Regional Promotion: We are members of the Battle River Alliance for Economic Development and are actively involved in regional marketing and investment attraction strategies
- Attraction: We promote Wainwright as a destination location for special events
Marketing, Promotion and Tourism
We work to promote Wainwright businesses and share information about local business opportunities through a variety of initiatives including:
- Business Directory This directory of licensed Wainwright-based businesses is a great way to promote your business or find suppliers
- Finding Work At profiles
We work to promote tourism to Wainwright and area through a variety of initiatives including:
- Develop tourism brochures and advertising to promote the area
- Partnership with Battle River Historical Society to manage TIC
- Organize parade float and operators
- Actively promote the Wainwright Economic Development Support fund
- Support affordable housing agencies in Wainwright
- Direct individuals/business to programs such as Heritage Advisory Board, CIC, Community Futures, BusinessLink
Research & Information Services
We compile and/or undertake research to support investment attraction, business development and economic development.
- Market Research: Need a stat or info about Wainwright? Check with us first.
Have a business-related question but aren’t sure who to ask? We’ll do our best to point you in the right direction