Using our Economic Development Strategy as a guide, we offer a number of services for the business community. Contact us today to access these services or learn more. View our monthly e-newsletter.
Business Retention and Expansion
We work with the Wainwright business community to generate projects, activities and resources that will build the local economy. This includes working one-on-one with new and expanding businesses.
- Business Welcome Meetings: Meetings upon request with prospective, new and expanding businesses to provide general information and outline permit and license requirements
- Business Referrals: Have a business-related question or concern? Call us and we’ll help answer the question or refer you to a business resource organization
- Business Partnership Series: We are part of a partnership of community organizations that hold regular workshops and networking events to provide local learning opportunities on timely business topics
- BizPaL: An online business permits and license service for business start-ups and expansions. Visit BizPaL
- Communication: We distribute public economic information to keep our business community informed
Business Investment and Attraction
We market Wainwright regionally, provincially and nationally to draw investment to the area
- Sector-specific Marketing: We develop plans and tools to attract new business and investment in our target sectors
- Wainwright Information: We publish information about Wainwright
- Regional Promotion: We are members of the Battle River Alliance for Economic Development and are actively involved in regional marketing and investment attraction strategies
- Attraction: We promote Wainwright as a destination location for special events
Marketing, Promotion and Tourism
We work to promote Wainwright businesses and share information about local business opportunities through a variety of initiatives including:
- Business Directory This directory of licensed Wainwright-based businesses is a great way to promote your business or find suppliers
- Finding Work At profiles
We work to promote tourism to Wainwright and area through a variety of initiatives including:
- Develop tourism brochures and advertising to promote the area
- Partnership with Battle River Historical Society to manage TIC
- Organize parade float and operators
- Actively promote the Wainwright Economic Development Support fund
- Support affordable housing agencies in Wainwright
- Direct individuals/business to programs such as Heritage Advisory Board, CIC, Community Futures, BusinessLink
Research & Information Services
We compile and/or undertake research to support investment attraction, business development and economic development.
- Market Research: Need a stat or info about Wainwright? Check with us first.
Have a business-related question but aren’t sure who to ask? We’ll do our best to point you in the right direction