Apply for Wainwright Economic Development Support Fund
Wainwright Economic Development Support Fund
The Town of Wainwright offers funding to community groups or organizations providing an event or activity that will encourage positive economic activity in the community. Funding is made available annually through the Town of Wainwright’s Economic Development Support Fund Budget.
– Must promote local economic activity
For events/activities that will bring economic development opportunities from outside the Town and M.D. boundaries into Wainwright
For the initial start-up of events/activities
For community organizations providing benefits for Wainwright and district residents
– Events that receive funding from other Town Departments may not be considered for funding
– Groups or organizations may only be eligible for funding once per year
– Established/proven events/activities may qualify for reduced funding
– It is expected that the host community will provide at least 50% of the funding towards the event/activity (for example, an event in Irma must provide at least 50% of the revenue via sponsorships, municipal support etc. with the remaining 50% of funding being supplied by the Town of Wainwright Economic Development Support Fund)
– Funding will not be provided to events that are primarily focused on gambling, alcohol etc.
– The Town of Wainwright will be identified as a sponsor of the event/activity
For more information about this funding opportunity please contact Carley Herbert, Economic Development Officer @ 780-842-3381 or by email email@example.com