Solid Waste Collection
In order to ensure that your solid waste is collected, it must be put out by 7:00 a.m. on your regularly scheduled collection day. Solid waste collection takes place on all statutory holidays with the exception of Christmas Day.
(Commercial Customers will be charged based on the number of pick-ups per month)
Effective July 1, 2017 the Town of Wainwright will no longer be responsible for Commercial Garbage. Commercial Businesses will be required to make their own arrangements for their Garbage Pickup & Recycling needs.
The Town of Wainwright is encouraging Commercial business to RECYCLE. When arranging for your garbage pickup, please ask your provider about recycling options that may help cut down the number of garbage pickups per month. As landfill space is at a premium, we strongly encourage our Residents and Commercial Businesses to do their part in reducing the amount of garbage that goes into the landfill.
Some keys points with regards to the collection of residential solid waste:
- Residents must provide and maintain a maximum of 4 receptacles per dwelling unit
- a receptacle is an animal proof container constructed of metal, plastic or rubber with two handles and not exceeding 27 kilograms (60 pounds) when full
- clippings from trees and shrubs must be compactly and securely tied in bundles not exceeding 1.2 metres (4 feet) in length and not exceed 27 kilograms (60 pounds) when full
- in order to facilitate pick-up a clear and unobstructed access to your receptacles is required
If you have any questions or complaints regarding solid waste collection contact Waste Management of Canada Corporation at 306-825-6511.
The following is the solid waste collection schedule for residential properties in the Town of Wainwright: Click here for map
East side of 14 Street to west side of 23 Street from 1 Avenue to 23 Avenue
East side of Main Street to the west side of 14th Street from 1st Avenue to the south side of 14th Avenue east side of 9th Street to west side of 14th Street from 14th Avenue to 18th Avenue.
West side of Main Street to 1st Street from 1st Avenue to the south side of 14th Avenue and Stardust Village Subdivision.
East side of 23 Street to Highway 41
The Town through the contractor provides for one collection of solid waste per week. Additional collections must be arranged with the contractor:
Some keys points with regards to the collection of commercial, industrial and institutional solid waste:
- A maximum of 4 receptacles may be used at a premise
- Where refuse cannot be contained within the number of receptacles stated above the owner shall provide a bin of sufficient size to store all refuse between collections
- A bin is a metal container for waste which is designed to be emptied by mechanical means only
The Wainwright Regional Waste to Energy Authority, located at 1201 – 4 Avenue South operates a Landfill, Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and on Saturday’s from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. For further information contact the Waste to Energy Facility at 842-4051.
If you have any questions or complaints regarding solid waste collection contact Waste Management at 306-825-6511 or visit our environmental initiatives and recycling page.