Wainwright Economic Development Support Fund
The Town of Wainwright offers funding to community groups or organizations providing an event or activity that will encourage positive economic activity in the community. This initiative is fully funded on an annual basis by the Town of Wainwright through the Town of Wainwright’s Economic Development Support Fund Budget.
- Must promote local economic activity
- For events/activities that will bring economic development opportunities from outside the Town and M.D. boundaries into Wainwright
- For the initial start-up of events/activities
- For community organizations providing benefits for Wainwright and district residents
- Events that receive funding from other Town Departments will not be considered for funding
- Groups or organizations may only be eligible for funding once per year
- Established/proven events/activities may qualify for reduced funding
- It is expected that the host community will provide at least 50% of the funding towards the event/activity (for example, an event in Irma must provide at least 50% of the revenue via sponsorships, municipal support etc. with the remaining 50% of funding being supplied by the Town of Wainwright Economic Development Support Fund)
- Funding will not be provided to events that are primarily focused on gambling, alcohol etc.
- The Town may provide annual sponsorship funding to local business associations supporting economic development at the sole discretion of the Committee
- The Town of Wainwright will be identified as a sponsor of the event/activity
For more information about this funding opportunity please contact Carley Herbert, Economic Development Officer at (780) 842-3381 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Share with us Why You Love Wainwright – We are looking for stories, photos, videos, memories etc. that highlight what a great community Wainwright is. Show us what our community means to you and your family – we hope to see love, kindness, humour – anything that positively showcases Wainwright.
For information and rules, please view: Why Wainwright? Rules