Parks & Recreation
- Recreational Facilities
- Parks & Playgrounds
- Memorial Tree Program
- Memorial Bench Program
- Hall Rental
- Communities in Bloom
Parks and Recreation Facility Update as of September 23, 2021
- Masks are mandatory inside all public facilities. Participants are exempt only while involved in physical activity in or on: arenas, pool, walking track, gym or fitness classes.
- Youth aged 12-17 are not required to show proof of vaccination while visiting facilities for the sole purpose to actively participate in sport, recreation or performing arts programming.
- Youth aged 12-17 must show proof of vaccination, documentation of a medical exemption or a negative covid test result to enter any facility while not participating in activity. This includes spectators, use of the concourse or participating in mixed youth/adult activities like public swimming and public skating.
- Youth under 12 can access facilities for any purpose without proof of vaccination. They will be screened for symptoms, and are required to wear a mask and maintain physical distancing (except while engaging in physical activity).
- Coaches for organized youth sport groups can enter to perform their sport-related responsibilities without proof of vaccination, exemption or negative Covid test.
- All vaccine eligible visitors ages 18 or older will be required to show proof of vaccination, medical exemption or a negative test result within 72 hours of a visit to facilities. Until October 25th, proof of a single dose is considered acceptable as long as the dose was given more than 2 weeks before the time of service. Furthermore, with proof those aged 18 and older can continue with adult team sports, indoor group or individual training.
- By following the Restrictions Exemption Program, hall and meeting room use for private social gatherings and meetings is permitted.
- By following the Restrictions Exemption Program the spectator capacity will not be limited to 1/3 of the fire code occupancy.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to adapt to new information we receive and regulations we are required to follow. For more information please visit https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-public-health-actions.aspx or contact 780-842-3381 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For facility schedules please check www.wainwright.ca as they are subject to change with short notice
For Communiplex Pool & Gym inquiries please contact 780-842-5508 or email@example.com
For Communiplex Hall bookings and any other general recreation facility inquiries please contact the Town Office at 780-842-3381 or firstname.lastname@example.org
View information on our Recreational Facilities
Wainwright is a community of delightful contrasts boasting a variety of attractive and comfortable neighborhoods from charming older districts lined with mature elm trees and character homes, to steadily expanding new residential subdivisions.
Wherever you live you will be conveniently close to inviting parks, modern playgrounds, schools, and our business districts.
Wainwright is proud of its numerous recreational amenities including: the state of the art Peace Memorial Multiplex with twin arena, walking track and climbing wall; and the Communiplex that includes a pool, weight training facilities, dance studio, meeting rooms, theater, and hall facilities for functions of all sizes.
We would be happy to assist you in planning your next function. Our facilities accommodate a variety of activities, from weddings to pool parties and everything in between. For more information on facility bookings and rates, please contact the Town Office at 842-3383 or email email@example.com
Wainwright also maintains outdoor soccer fields, baseball diamonds, tennis courts, and an extensive and ever expanding network of walking trails. We are proud of our cultural activities that include amateur theater, professional performances, a dance society, and a local museum. Wainwright offers a unique country lifestyle with urban amenities – all within a two-hour drive east of Edmonton.
We welcome any comments, questions, or concerns you may have regarding Parks and Recreation in the Town of Wainwright. Please e-mail any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Wainwright Parks and Recreation Board meets the first Wednesday of every month.