Parks & Recreation
- Communities in Bloom
- Hall Rental
- Memorial Bench Program
- Memorial Tree Program
- Parks & Playgrounds
- Recreational Facilities
Town of Wainwright Recreation Facility Update as of December 13th, 2020
Facilities closed as of December 13th include:
- Communiplex – Targeted start date at this time for swim lessons and programs is January 25th
- Peace Memorial Multiplex
In addition, the following town owned facilities are closed:
- Curling Rink
- Public Library
- Equine Center
The following are allowed to remain open (must social distance at all times unless with people from same household. No group gatherings. Wear a mask if possible.)
- Outdoor Rinks
- Walking trails
- Outdoor playgrounds and outdoor fitness equipment – will not be roped off but use is strongly discouraged.
All of these measures are in place as of December 13, 2020 until at least January 21, 2021. For more information, please visit www.alberta.ca/covid
If you have questions, please contact the Town of Wainwright Parks and Recreation Department at 780-842-3381 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recreation Facilities Update December 13, 2020
- Outdoor Rinks Map
- Recreation Facilities Update December 1, 2020
- Peace Memorial Multiplex (PMM) Schedule
- PMM Ice Surface Guidelines as of October 5, 2020
- Peace Memorial Multiplex Screening Questions
- Spectator Seating during COVID-19
- Dressing Room Guidelines during COVID
- Recommended Mask Usage – PMM Lobby
- Recommended Mask Usage – PlanWright Arena
- Walking Track
- COVID Stop Poster
- PMM Screening Questionnaire
- PMM Fees
- Communiplex Pool & Fitness Schedule
- Communiplex Hall & Meeting Room Availability
- Splash Park
- Dr. Middlemass Campground
- Wallace Park Fishing Pond
- Basketball Courts
- Skateboard Park
- Tennis Courts
- Outdoor Fitness Classes
- Baseball & Soccer Fields
Wainwright is a community of delightful contrasts boasting a variety of attractive and comfortable neighborhoods from charming older districts lined with mature elm trees and character homes, to steadily expanding new residential subdivisions.
Wherever you live you will be conveniently close to inviting parks, modern playgrounds, schools, and our business districts.
Wainwright is proud of its numerous recreational amenities including: the state of the art Peace Memorial Multiplex with twin arena, walking track and climbing wall; and the Communiplex that includes a pool, weight training facilities, dance studio, meeting rooms, theater, and hall facilities for functions of all sizes.
We would be happy to assist you in planning your next function. Our facilities accommodate a variety of activities, from weddings to pool parties and everything in between. For more information on facility bookings and rates, please contact the Town Office at 842-3383 or email email@example.com
Wainwright also maintains outdoor soccer fields, baseball diamonds, tennis courts, and an extensive and ever expanding network of walking trails. We are proud of our cultural activities that include amateur theater, professional performances, a dance society, and a local museum. Wainwright offers a unique country lifestyle with urban amenities – all within a two-hour drive east of Edmonton.
We welcome any comments, questions, or concerns you may have regarding Parks and Recreation in the Town of Wainwright. Please e-mail any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Wainwright Parks and Recreation Board meets the first Wednesday of every month.