Health Skills Day is October 6, 2022
We are excited to be bringing back Health Skills Day on October 6, 2022 at the Wainwright Health Centre (Hospital). We will be accepting 60 students from Grades 9 – 12 in schools within the M.D. of Wainwright.
In order to participate in the day, we require the below:
- Register by September 28th by emailing or phoning Carley Herbert at email@example.com or 780.842.3381. Please include your name, grade, school, email and phone number. Spaces are limited.
- Watch the Privacy and IT Security & Compliance video.
- Complete the Information, Privacy & IT Security Awareness eLearning module.
- Complete and sign the media release form.
- Please sign and send via email to Carley Herbert prior to September 28th to secure your spot. The Media Release form is also attached. Note: this form must be signed by a parent or guardian if you are under the age of 18
- You are required to have the rubella (German measles) vaccine. It is strongly recommended you also have the following immunizations: pertussis (whooping cough), tetanus + diphtheria, measles, mumps, polio, hepatitis B, varicella (chicken pox), seasonal influenza and tuberculosis skin test.
- We require that you bring a paper or digital copy of your immunization record for verification on the day of Health Skills Day at the hospital. We will not be retaining a copy – it will be visually verified for the rubella vaccination. If you do not have a copy of your immunization record you can either visit the Public Health Office at 810 – 14 Avenue, Wainwright or call them at 780.842.4077 for a print-out.
- Do not send us a copy of your immunization record.
We want to remind you that AHS sites (Wainwright Health Centre – Hospital) are still complying with continuous masking requirements and other site-specific requirements. You will be screened and provided with a mask at the front entrance. You are required to wear your mask for the duration of the day.
Please view our 2018 Wainwright Health Skills Day Video to see what you can expect from the day. We hope this experience will enrich your learning and provide you with an idea of what health care in Alberta is all about, should you pursue a future in health care. Please contact Carley Herbert, Economic Development Officer, Town of Wainwright at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780.842.3381 if you have any questions.