Town of Wainwright Notice of Public Hearing
Intermunicipal Development Plan (IDP)
Pursuant to the Municipal Government Act, R.S.A. 2000, c. M-26, as amended, Sections 230, 606 and 692, the Council of the Town of Wainwright hereby gives notice of its intention to adopt: Bylaw No. 2019-07 Town of Wainwright and Municipal District of Wainwright No. 61 Intermunicipal Development Plan
The purpose of Bylaw 2019-07 is to repeal Bylaw 2015-03 and approve a new Intermunicipal Development Plan (IDP) for the Town of Wainwright and the Municipal District of Wainwright No. 61.
The IDP is a high-level planning document that guides the long-term land use planning for the community and will provide direction for other land management and development policies created for land adjacent to the Town boundary.
- includes information about the community history and current demographics;
- includes updated mapping information to reflect the new Town boundary, and identify areas with development constraints;
- identifies preferred future land use areas for residential, public, commercial and industrial land uses;
- establishes high level land use and land management goals and objectives;
- establishes triggers for when the M.D. will require the preparation and approval of an Area Structure Plan or Outline Plan/Development Concept Plan;
- establishes policies affecting:
- Municipal Reserve allocation;
- development in environmentally sensitive areas;
- development of infrastructure and transportation systems;
- establishes a policy which will require developers to be responsible for infrastructure costs associated with new development.
THEREFORE TAKE NOTICE THAT pursuant to Sections 606 and 692 of the Municipal Government Act a public hearing to consider the proposed Bylaw will be held:
- Date: Tuesday, November 5, 2019
- Time: 7:00 pm
- Place: Council Chambers, Town of Wainwright Office; 1018 2 Avenue, Wainwright, Alberta
AND FURTHUR TAKE NOTICE THAT anyone wishing to make a verbal or written representation may do so at the hearing, or by providing the representation to Scott Flett, Director of Planning & Development, before 12:00 p.m. on Friday, November 1, 2019.
It would be beneficial for individuals to provide advance notice to the Town of Wainwright at (780) 842-3381 of their intention to make a presentation at the hearing.
AND FURTHER TAKE NOTICE THAT a copy of the proposed Bylaw is posted at www.wainwright.ca for review and may be inspected at the Town of Wainwright office during normal business hours.
To obtain more information regarding the proposed changes, please contact:
Director of Planning & Development
Town of Wainwright
Phone (780) 842-3381