Solid Waste Collection
In order to ensure that your solid waste is collected, it must be put out by 7:00 a.m. on your regularly scheduled collection day. Solid waste collection takes place on all statutory holidays with the exception of Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
|Residential Fixed Monthly Rate||$14.50|
- Garbage will now be collected via a cart system.
- Carts will be provided to residential properties. They will be dropped off at your property in the approximate location GFL would like you to present them for garbage pickup.
- GFL has provided the carts as part of their service and there is no extra charge to residents for the carts.
- Pickup will be in the front of your property
- Garbage pickup days will change to Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Residences to the west side of 14th Street (including the west side of 14th Street) will be picked up on Tuesdays and residences to the east side of 14th Street (including the east side of 14th Street) will be picked up on Wednesdays.
- Recycling pickup day will be Thursdays.
- Residents are responsible for their assigned carts. If the cart is faulty or in need of repair at no fault of the resident, it will be fixed or replaced by GFL. If the cart is damaged by the resident, it will be the responsibility of the resident to pay for a new cart ($100 plus GST).
If you have any questions or complaints regarding solid waste collection, please contact the Town Office at (780) 842-3381 or visit our environmental initiatives and recycling page.
|GFL Environmental Inc.||(780) 875-9472|
|Waste Management||(877) 784-7336|
The Wainwright Regional Waste to Energy Authority, located at 1201 – 4 Avenue South operates a Landfill, Monday to Friday – Gates open at 8am and close at 4:45pm. Saturdays – Gates open at 8am and close at 3:45pm. The Landfill is closed on Sundays and all Statutory Holidays. For further information contact the Waste to Energy Facility at (780) 842-4051.